Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Corporate Remote
What you will do
- Responsible for verifying patient eligibility and benefits as well as obtaining authorization for home care services from commercial insurance payors.
- Review referral information in CIS supplied by the Care Center for accuracy. Verify the patients Medicaid, private insurance, and self-pay payor sources via telephone, or online systems.
- Obtain authorization from private insurance and all other payor sources requiring authorization via telephone, facsimile, or online systems while maintaining compliance to medical record confidentiality regulations.
- Obtain information from agencies when necessary to assist with receiving authorizations and re-authorizations from private insurance and all other payor sources
- Assist other departments and Care Centers in the efficient collection of client and payor information to ensure accuracy.
- Enter all home care benefit information into Deloitte Tool and CIS.
- Respond to calls, emails and other inquiries regarding the status of outstanding referrals and/or authorization information.
- Attend, plan, and participate in department and team meetings as well as educational seminars.
Provides other administrative support to the department as needed.
- Complete Payor Information Form (PIF) and Payor Change Request Forms (PCR) when needed for the purpose of meeting payor and client’s needs to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Update Contracting Coordinator of payor information changes.
- Obtain web access to payor sites when needed.
Communicate efficiently, effectively, and timely to resolve issues pertaining to the verification and authorization processes.
- Access Medicare’s Common Working File (CWF) to verify eligibility in the event a patient has termed coverage with private insurance carrier if applicable. Complete Payor Information Form (PIF) and Payor Change Request Forms (PCR) when needed for the purpose of creating or updating payor codes to meet payor and client’s needs to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education or training in business or medical billing/collections.
- Two (2) years experience in medical office/home health benefit verification or billing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial insurance carriers’ guidelines and criteria of verification, authorization and reimbursement.
- Familiar with insurance billing and terminology.
- Strong data entry skills and ability to type 40-50 wpm with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Ability to use standard office equipment to include copiers, fax machines, and other methods of electronic communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and external customers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education